What is Oil Pulling?
Oil Pulling is a safe, simple, cheap and gentle procedure who’s benefits range from bringing health to your mouth and ridding your mouth of harmful toxins and bacteria, to a method that cures and prevents diseases and extends your healthy life.
Studies are on-going, but the procedure is gaining more and more popularity as people are finding success and positive results with oil pulling. We will explain the details of oil pulling later in this article, but the basics involve pulling and swishing 1 tablespoon of Coconut, Olive, Grapeseed or some other quality oil around your mouth and through your teeth for up to 20 Min., then spitting. The therapy is simple and completely harmless, as you do not ingest medication or drugs.
Oil pulling was practiced in Ayurvedic medicine. Modern oil pulling was introduced in 1992 by Dr. F. Karach, MD. Dr. Karach claimed that this treatment will achieve remarkable results with illnesses like migraine headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis and related illnesses, neuro-physiological paralysis, eczema, gastro enteritis, peritonitis, heart disease, kidney disease, meningitis, and woman’s hormonal disorders are completely eliminated from the organism. Dr. Karach’s claims that oil pulling heals the whole body in perpetuity. He sites results with terminal diseases such as cancer, aids and chronic infections.
According to the African Journal of Microbiology Research, oil pulling is an effective defense against the bacteria associated with dental caries (tooth decay). Studies show that it has also been beneficial in the elimination of bleeding gums, the fastening of loose teeth and the visible whitening of the teeth.
Many advocates of oil pulling suggest safflower, sunflower or vegetable oil, but more and more studies and successes are finding higher quality oils are more effective. The anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties of whole, extra virgin coconut oil makes it the perfect choice for oil pulling and certainly is gaining popularity.
The use of essential oils added to the primary pulling oil is slow to find it’s way to most oil pulling enthusiasts because of the lack of superior essential oils that are (xxx) quality. But as people discover how a (xxx) essential oil can benefit oil pulling, essential oils will become more and more popular in oil pulling.
Does maintaining a healthy mouth help you have a healthy body?
- Up-and-coming science suggests that advanced gum disease can be linked to diabetes, cardiovascular problems, and pre-term birth.
- The Early stages of gum disease is gingivitis-which affects a majority of all adults at some point in their lives, and most don’t even know it.
- Many theories exist and more studies are underway to explore the connection between good oral health and overall health. The conclusions lead us to know that a healthy mouth leads only to good things.
Lets explore these connections more.
- Persistent halitosis (bad breath) is often a sign of a more serious problem in your mouth. Poor oral hygiene and gum disease are the primary causes of halitosis.
- It is estimated that around 50% of adults have some form of gingivitis. Gingivitis, if left untreated, may progress to a more serious condition called periodontitis.
- Besides weakening your teeth to the point of loosing them, studies suggest that periodontitis may affect the health of your entire body.
- On going studies suggests that periodontitis may be associated with diabetes, heart disease, and numerous other health issues.
Heart Disease and Heart Attack
- Studies suggest that advanced gum disease may be a contributing factor to heart disease. The theory is that gum disease or periodontitis, allow oral germs to enter the bloodstream. These germs may affect the heart by attaching to the fatty plaques in your arteries, contributing to the formation of clots. According to this theory, these clots, in turn, can cause the restriction of blood flow (a.k.a. atherosclerosis) which may lead to a heart attack.
- On going studies also suggest that advanced gum disease may be associated with the presence of blocked arteries in the brain, a condition which may lead to a stroke.
- Further studies advise that gum disease, if allowed to progress, may allow germs to enter the bloodstream. These germs may attach to the fatty plaques in your arteries, contributing to the formation of clots. According to this theory, these clots, in turn, can cause the restriction of blood flow and, in some cases, a stroke.
- Emerging science also suggests that diabetes and gum disease may be linked. Not only does diabetes increase your chance of gum infection, but gum infection may make diabetes harder to control.
- Diabetics are significantly more likely to develop gum disease because of the way diabetes slows the body’s natural healing process. Research also suggests that advanced gum disease may have an adverse effect on blood-sugar levels-potentially making diabetes treatment less effective.
Can essential oils help with oral care, therefore health care?
- This is where effective oral care can become a necessary part of health care. Essential oils used the with an oral care routine that includes brushing, flossing and oil pulling with anti-septic and anti-bacterial essential oils can prevent gingivitis and peridontitis, thus improving our over all health care.
Exactly how do you do it?
- Prior to breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of coconut or other carrier oil and add 3-6 drops of essential oils.
- Add your essential oils based on issues. They might include, but are NOT limited to:
- Protective Blend – General immune system, mouth and gum health, teeth problems, halitosis, cold, flu, sore throat, virus.
- Oregano – Flu, Cold, Virus, sore throat, swollen glands, cold sores, herpes, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antibiotic, anti viral.
- Clove – Mouth and Gum, analgesic, anti-biotic, and antiseptic.
- Frankincense – Analgesic, cold & flu, mouth surgery, mouth trauma, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory.
- Geranium – mouth and gum, throat, laryngitis, analgesic, antiseptic
- Grapefruit – Cleansing, detoxifying, anti-septic, antibacterial.
- Lemon – Cleansing, detoxifying, cold, sore throat, anti-septic.
- Lemongrass – herpes, halitosis,
- Melaleuca – Cold, flu, Immune system, braces irritation, Gum and mouth sores, Congestion, herpes, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial,, antiseptic.
- Myrrh – mouth, teeth and gum, cold & flu, tonsillitis, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antiseptic.
- Take the oils into the mouth but do not swallow it. Move the oil slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and as Dr Karach puts it; ” sip, suck and pull through the teeth” for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process thoroughly mixes the oils with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. It is then spit from the mouth, the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and brush with Protective Blend toothpaste.
- This has in effect pulled toxins and poisons out through the mucous membranes of the mouth to be expelled. If you use virgin coconut oil, expel into the garbage, as it can solidify in the drain.
- It is important to understand that during the oil-pulling/swishing process one’s metabolism is intensified. Many feel this leads to improved health. For many, the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the healing of sores, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.
- The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but it is always best before meals on an empty stomach.
- Remember, do not swallow. The oil should be spat out.
Per Dr. Karach, that this treatment will achieve remarkable results with illnesses like migraine headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis and related illnesses, neuro physiological paralysis, eczema, gastro enteritis, peritonitis, heart disease, kidney disease, meningitis, and women’s hormonal disorders are completely eliminated from the organism. The benefit according to Dr. Karach’s is that the oil therapy heals the whole body in perpetuity. In terminal diseases such as cancer, aids and chronic infections Dr. Karach reports this treatment method has been shown to achieve astonishing results.